In the past, we've been known for some creative April announcements. Today, however, I'm happy to report a few real reductions in API rates that will bring a smile to your face. You'll be glad to know we aren't joking.
We have made some enhancements to our system that have enabled us to drive greater efficiencies that are now reflected in savings to our API users.
Effective today, we have lowered the number of API units charged for the following services:
Service Name, Former Rate (in API units), New Rate
- addAds: 125 -> 50 per item
- addCriteria: 25 -> 20 per item
- updateCriteria: 10 -> 3 per item
- getKeywordVariations: 25 -> 20
- getKeywordsFromSite: 25 -> 20
- estimateAdGroupList: 25 -> 20 per item
- estimateCampaignList: 25 -> 20 per item
- estimateKeywordList: 25 -> 20 per item
- scheduleReportJob: 1000 -> 500
And as always, we encourage developers to use list methods whenever possible (e.g. addCampaignList). They are the most efficient (and cost-effective) way to process large data sets.
- Debbie Leight, Product Marketing