We are happy to announce the release of the AdWords API Version 9 (V9).
V9 introduces four major changes – and a few minor changes – to the AdWords API. This announcement highlights only the major components of the release. For complete details on all V9 changes, please see our Release Notes.
- Support for Video Ads: You can now create and manage click-to-play video ads for both keyword- and site-targeted campaigns (video upload not supported via the API)
- Local Time Zone Statistics: Now all calls return statistics in the account's local time zone (we have removed the inPST parameter)
- Batch Check Ads: Before you try to insert or update ads, you can now check a batch of ads for policy errors.
- Per our February 15 post, we have removed the CreativeService from this latest version. Therefore, CreativeService will no longer be available after July 9, 2007 (see sunset info below).
V8 SUNSET IN JULY 2007
- Per our versioning policy, V8 will be supported for four months from today, at which time it will be turned off. Therefore, please make sure that you upgrade to V9 before July 9, 2007.
And as a reminder, please remember that we will shutdown V7 on May 21, 2007.
As with every new version, we strongly urge you to review the Release Notes section of the Developer’s Guide.
-- Jon Diorio, Product Marketing